With weather turning cooler, it’s time to focus on home improvement projects you can tackle indoors and a great place to start is lighting. Ceiling lighting, dining chandeliers and island pendants are all wonderful opportunities to add a warmth and coziness to your home this season. As the trusted lighting store for Westmoreland and the surrounding areas, we have a few tips and suggestions to help you light the way this winter. When you are ready to get started on your lighting home improvement project, stop by our lighting store in Jeannette to speak with one of our lighting experts and get started selecting your new fixtures!
When the long, dark winter gets you down, it’s time to rethink and warm up your home’s lighting! You will be surprised how much adding an extra table lamp, lampshade or switching lightbulbs can alter the mood of a room. Here are a few things to consider:
- Does the bedroom have one old central light fixture? Choose sconces to light your way instead. Whether next to the bed or over a mantle, sconces can cast a cozy light that makes any room feel homey. Instead of using a single intense light source, scatter multiple low-wattage fixtures around the room to produce a softer light.
- Switch to pendant lighting to help scatter and soften lighting. Accent you kitchen, bathroom, bar or foyer with pendants in glass, bronze, chrome and more for an updated look that also allows for a warmer feel throughout the space.
- Choose opaque lamp shades and lower wattage bulbs to help scatter light around the room for a cozier and more flattering lighting experience. Light that scatters around the room is more flattering than light that is directed in a single spot. Our lighting store carries a wide variety of lamp shades and bulbs to choose from to help you get started!
- Install dimmer switches. This allows you to easily adjust the level of light in a room. For example, if you have an eat-in kitchen a dimmer switch allows you to go from the bright light needed for cooking to a warmer, cozier light for dining.
- Combine flush mount ceiling lights with standing lamps, table lamps and chandeliers for a warmer, more upscale look throughout the home.
And, these are just some of the lighting projects you can tackle this fall and winter. Ready to get started upping your home’s coziness level? Stop into our lighting store serving Westmoreland and surrounding areas for a visit or browse our website for more information. We will be happy to help with whatever you need. If you have any questions, give Hummell Brothers a call at 724-523-3611 or contact us online at email@example.com.